The secret to amazing abs? Stop doing crunches and start doing these 3 flat-belly moves!
toned, flat stomach. No surprise there. But since many women are still relying on crunches to get it, we want to make one thing clear: Crunching is not the most effective abs workout. "Crunches work only the muscles on the front and sides of your abdomen, but it's important to target all the muscles of the core to get more defined abs-including lower back, hips, and upper thighs," says Lou Schuler, co-author of The New Rules of Lifting for Abs.
To lose belly fat and uncover amazing abs, Schuler recommends a series of core stabilization exercises based on a training program devised by co-author and personal trainer Alwyn Cosgrove. "Core exercises like the plank help train muscles to stabilize the spine and pelvis so you can avoid back pain and improve posture, Schuler says. "They also burn more calories than crunches because they work more muscles."
You might also like:
- 6 Exercises to Rebuild Your Core after Pregnancy
- 9 Great Exercises for Neck Pain
- Best Exercise to Lose Weight
- Strengthen Your Core Without Wrecking Your Back
- 6 Ways To Sneak In Your Exercise
- The Top 5 Exercises You're Doing Wrong
- 7 Moves to Lose Your Love Handles
- Aim to 'Lose Your Love Handles'
- The Best Exercises for Lower Abs
- 10 Oblique Exercises for a Flat Stomach, Fast
- 8 Moves to Try at Home
- This HIIT Workout Burns Fat and Builds Muscle Like...
- Top 10 Moves for Thinner Thighs
- Weight Loss Exercise Programs